Nowadays, rivet nuts are getting famous as they fasten your work and make your job easier. They are also known as blind nuts, threaded insert, and blind rivet nuts. These tools come in various shapes and sizes are very versatile. There are standard rivet, splined, tubular round, square, and hexagonal shaped.
Moreover, numerous features like the pneumatic tool for rivet nut are incredibly versatile and have high shear, ease of, use and tension string, and make work much more manageable. Also, they have lighting fats installation. Because rivet nuts are versatile, they have wide applications and uses. Let’s look at some of the applications and how to choose the right rivet nut.
Features and types of a rivet nut
There two types of rivet nut tool including:
- The first rivet nut forms a bulge on the application’s blindside that tightens the screw, pin, or bolt.
- The secondary rivet nut doesn’t bulge like the other type and is dragged into a sleeve.
Here are some features that will tell you how to decide which one type you are using for your applications as both vary and are used for different applications. These features enable you to choose the right rivet nut for yourself.
- The Wide front-side flange is a necessary feature that provides a sizeable load-bearing surface, which helps to keep the rivet nut from being pushed through and enables both to reinforce the hole.
- The Thick flange offers extra push-out strength and provides spacing.
- The Countersunk and low-profile head in the rivet nut ensure that the installation of the nut is perfect and evenly done or not.
- The Wedge head is underneath the rivet nut, which is highly suitable for soft materials such as aluminum, fiberglass, and plastic. It helps.
- There are numerous rivet nuts such as splined, hexagonal, square, the standard smooth, and round cylindrical style. It helps to retain its clasp from turning at high torque levels, particularly in softer materials.
- Two rivet nut styles open and closed prevent dust and water from getting inside the assembly, such as automotive installation.
- These nuts have thick and thin walls. The thin wall does not have a keyed heads, but the thick wall does have a keyed heads.
Perfect for your industry and application.
These rivet nuts have various applications because of their versatile features. They are used at large scale n industries, especially in the automotive sector. For multiple purposes like attaching and fixing dashboard connects spoilers, roof racks radiators, plastic defenders, connect car’s body part and many more.
They are the perfect choice for every production stage as they minimize your work, and no reworking is required after you insert it. It is durable and long-lasting as it is painted and coated. Here are some applications of rivet nut.
- Military vehicles
- Swimming pools
- Solar panel installation
- Medical technology
- Plastics engineering
- Playground equipment
- Office furniture
- Aerospace industry